Thank you for choosing to sell your items at Queens Mab — we are pleased to welcome you to our family! We aim to provide only the best baby, children’s, maternity and women’s items to our customers. We are picky , and this is what makes our store what it is — a place you will be certain to find only the finest, hand-selected merchandise.
- Clothes need to be CLEAN and Freshly Laundered
- If this is your first time selling, please call or email to make an appointment
- Please have everything buttoned, snapped and zipped
- Only bring clothes that are ready to go out on the floor
- Gear must be thoroughly cleaned
- Please no discount store brands
continue reading for even more detailed information…
ITEMS WE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY TO ACCEPT
- Highchairs (We get a lot of requests for portables)
- Pack N Plays/Play Yards
- Cloth diapers and wraps
- Quality toys/Wood toys
- Sleep sacks and PJ’s
- Costumes and Dress-up items
OUT OF SEASON CLOTHING: We will accept clothing that is out of season, but not at its full value due to the fact that we have to store it. We recommend that if you want to make the most money, bring only in season items.
a seasonal guide
Spring/Summer: February through June
Fall/Winter: July through November
we buy rain gear all year
We tend to be very well stocked with girls clothes 0-12m and boys clothes 0-6m, so please be very selective with what you choose to bring in those sizes.
WHEN WE BUY
- ESTABLISHED SELLERS: If you want to just drop off your items, come in any time WED – SAT. If you would like to be there while we go through your items, we recommend you schedule an appointment
- NEW SELLERS: Please schedule an appointment so we can spend some time with you and go through our procedures.
WHAT WE BUY
We try to provide the best possible items for our customers. We have found that our customers are looking for quality brand name items at unbelievable prices. Therefore, we usually buy brands such as Hanna Anderson, Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Gap, Lilly Pulitzer, and anything organic. We do accept brands such as Old Navy, H&M, Crazy 8, The Children’s Place, and Carter’s, but we are very picky about what we accept in those brands. For maternity, we sell 7 for all mankind, A Pea in the Pod, Mimi, Babystyle, Pumpkin Patch, and Old Navy like crazy. We do accept lesser brands, but their denim does not sell well. We base our decisions on what sells, so please understand if we cannot accept your items.
- Children’s clothing sizes 0-8 all seasons including socks and undies that are in excellent condition (barely used)
- Shoes, rain boots, and slippers sizes NB on up
- Maternity clothing all seasons
- Designer diaper bags
- Lightly used wood toys, activity based, educational toys, and books — please, no stuffed animals
- Baby Gear: Strollers, high chairs, toddler car seats, bike seats, exersaucers, activity mats such as Gymini, Swings, Arm’s Reach co-sleepers, and play yards. Please call ahead to ask about an item you might have and find out if we have the space to accept it. We do not take infant car seats unless they are a part of a stroller travel system.
GETTING YOUR ITEMS READY TO SELL
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL CLOTHING IS:
- Freshly laundered and free of lint, hair, and odor
- Folded or carefully laid out in paper bags or bins with your name and phone number on them
- Zipped, buttoned, and snapped
- In excellent condition. Free of all stains, fading, tears, missing buttons, and pilling
- Currently in style (three years old max)
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL GEAR AND TOYS ARE:
- Clean and ready to put out on the floor — seat covers must be laundered and trays lifted for cleaning all those crevices!
- Containing all parts and in working order (all manuals are appreciated) — if we need to supply batteries, you will make less money
- Up to current safety standards — please check http://www.cpsc.gov to make sure there are no recalls on your items before bringing them in
- Fully assembled
BRINGING YOUR ITEMS IN
If you’re an established seller and want to just drop off your items, come on in WED – SAT. If you are a new seller, please call to make an appointment. One note on the appointments is that we can never predict when we will be super busy, so we ask you to please be understanding if we cannot get to you immediately. To make sure we have enough time to spend with you, we ask that you please only bring in one (1) bin or two (2) paper bags of items within one week. Once you are an established seller, you are more than welcome to drop off your items. We will call you as soon as possible to let you know what we would like to buy and for how much. Please pick up all items that are not accepted, or that you do not choose to sell for the price we offered within 3 business days. If items are not picked up within 3 business days, they will become the property of Queens Mab. We just do not have the space to store unaccepted items.
We now trade your baby clothing and toys for store credit. You will receive 35% of the projected retail price in store credit. You may use your store credit for new or used items.
We still do consignment for maternity items paying you 40% of the selling price.
Women’s Clothing has to be stylish and in excellent condition. Fun and inexpensive tops and dresses sell just as well as higher end boutique clothing. We currently only do women’s clothing on consignment. It is a 50/50 split.
Higher priced gear is sold on consignment and your commission starts at 40% depending on the selling price. Highly desirable items earn a higher percentage for you! All percentages on higher priced gear will be discussed before selling.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to bring in your items, give us a call at 503 285-5277 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.